Monday, April 2, 2012

Vegan Potstickers

OMGoodness!! This was the biggest hit in my house of any meat or not meat dish in I don't know how long....forever? Seriously. I got the recipe from this wonderful sight called Weekly Vegan Menu. Hubby was a little skeptical since we've had a lot of downs among our ups of this new way of life. Especially because we had never heard of TVP. It is textured vegetable protein and it is loaded with fiber and protein. It is a dry product that has to be reconstituted. Do NOT let this scare you. It just means that it keeps better than meat and won't clog up your freezer. We bought our ten ounce bag for $4 at our local health food store. You could even add this to any meat dish to help the expensive meat go further. It is so delicious and you don't even know that it's not meat! Without further ado, here is our delicious dinner. My five year old actually moaned when I gave him his plate. About two minutes later, he ran in and told me, "I thought it was going to be disgusting but it was really good." LOL My kids rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment