Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the watering can











It was beautiful outside yesterday and I got a lot accomplished, although not all outside. I took four of the kids to the dentist and only ONE of them had cavities. I guess it's inevitable at every visit. *sigh* We went to the craft store for some pattern paper for the jammies of which little miss Miranda is in dire need. I came home and had the craziest misunderstanding with the piano guy who I maintain was lost and never made it to my house. We had to reschedule. I went to the church and practiced for about 45minutes on the piano. And Miranda and Daddy found the moon. I came home and started my strawberry patch! This is the site before I started.
What this meant was to drag out the tiller and till. and till. and till. and till. I think I went over it some five or six times. Seriously. I pulled up pens, hand shovels, pliers, broken plates, small plastic toys and the fiber fill that apparently someone buried over every square inch of the yard. It was definitely a lot of work. I then made some steaks to help me with the trim I am putting around it. I didn't get it all done, but I did as much as I could. Don't laugh. This is two and a half hours of work!


Then, it didn't rain the day before as it was supposed. No rain= mom has to water the goodies. We have no outdoor spicket. Yes, you read that right. Ugh. So, I have a run of the mill watering can from Walmart. It's not huge, but it's not one of the small indoor ones. Here is what I determined yesterday. It takes 1.5 cans to water the onions. (The onions are the middle box.)

It takes 3.5 cans to water the gladiolas.
It takes 6 cans to water the potatoes!!
I'm going to get hubby and FIL to go to the farm and home store today to pick up the necessities for putting a split faucet into the basement so we can run a hose (or more like three strung together) to make my life 100% easier!!

That's it for now. Work is a callin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment