Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Birthday and a No Flour Cake

Today my oldest son turns fourteen. Yes, I am that old. lol (this is where I say that I remember the day he was born.....*sniff sniff*) As with any respectable birthday, there was cake and ice cream. We had So Delicious coconut milk ice cream with our decadent cake.

I was short on supplies with no desire to go to the store, so I cruised Pinterest for an easy cake recipe that would use the ingredients I had on hand. Did you know that if you put the word easy in front of a cake recipe the whole world thinks that it should start with a box of cake mix? Well, that might be an exaggeration, but not by much.


I found this wonderful recipe for a very rich cake that has no flour in it. I was a little worried at first, but wow! It was great and was it ever rich?!? Goodness! I couldn't finish my small slice. I will definitely make this again. As I said, easy peasy and very yummy. You should give it a try. The recipe is near the bottom, but give the rest a read. I found it to be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment