Saturday, March 2, 2013

Busy with Fiber

Ugh. I am sick. Booooo. It happens, although I think you should get a free pass if you're a mom. I did go lay in bed at like eight last night. That never happens. To put things into context, I was too sick to KNIT last night. Seriously. This is how I measure my ailments. lol Last night I had a sore throat, achy yuckiness, and the worst nausea. The nausea subsided in the middle of the night, thank goodness. The rest remains. Why am I sitting up clacking away on my keyboard at 5:30am when I'm sick? I had a nightmare. Aren't we supposed to outgrow those? Guess not. Well, it was bad enough that I didn't even want to attempt to go back to sleep. I'll rest later.

Today will be a busy day. I am going to buy a desk today. I plan to look at a few different places. I had originally planned on going to Walmart and just getting a cheapy corner desk for my room. I'm having second thoughts in the wee hours of today. lol Big lots sent me a 20% off coupon! I'm going to check out what they have to offer.

Otherwise, there hasn't been too much organizing going on around here. I've been extremely busy with life. Not only that, but the kids have gone to school almost three days in the last two weeks. You might not think that would make a huge difference, but boy!! does it ever! So this weekend is going to have a lot of changes in the home for us. I'm pretty excited.

In crafty news, check out what I picked up on Etsy.....

oh my baby elephants!!

Don't they just make you squee?!? I ordered these for my little baby sweater dress thing that I'm working on. I have finished the body and am working on the sleeves. Ugh, sleeves! I'm ten stitches away from making it short sleeved! lol I'm going to use Knitmore Girls Couture Button Band and I'm pretty excited/scared out of my mind to give it a whirl. lol I will definitely have pics when it is done.

I spent a whole day (mostly) a couple of weeks ago spinning in an online spin-a-long. I had a blast. I wish I could give it more of my full attention, but I understand that I am still years away from that being a reality. Spinning made me wish I had more time to devote to it. It's really quite fun and I was just dreaming of what I could make with the finished yarn. I am using this beautiful superwash merino fleece that I also purchased off of, surprise surprise, Etsy in the colorway "Inora". Yes, I'm a geek. Yes, I am pretty darned proud of it. lol I was feeling a bit Firefly-y and Inora was put on the spindle.

My beautiful Inora. 
Here it is all wound up in it's bag. I love all the rich purples, golds, and rose pink/reds. I am already browsing  Ravelry for something lovely for this to become.

I actually spun up about 1 oz. 


Here's a good pic of the colors.
It was a lovely day. I can't wait to have another day to do it again. I have a few big projects that need to get done first, though. Such is life. lol Oh man! I have to knit? lol Yes, please!! 

Being the flighty person that I am, I cast on another project. I know, I know. I so needed one of those, right? lol I am making the Color Affection and am loving the zen of this pattern. Seriously. I am a huge fan of a pattern that can keep my attention with lace and other pattern enhancers, but garter stitch really does have its  great qualities. I started this on Monday at knit night, and I worked on it the next day when the snow took out our power. It made me so calm and happy. I worked all the way up to the beginning of the first stripe section where I had to stop. I had only picked one color. Why? Because I just couldn't decide on the other two. Indecisive me. lol Well, I've picked them and am ordering, hopefully, this weekend. 

Here's my pallet:

I have the red (Serrano) and had definitely decided on the purple (Mulberry) and I am getting the blue on the bottom (Ceil). I seriously think I am in love. I have usually stayed away from patterns that call for fingering weight yarn because I envision the project taking forever (and let's face it, who doesn't like instant gratification projects?). Well, this yarn is just so lovely. It is Knit Picks Palette. It's a gorgeous Peruvian wool at a very reasonable price and I love it. My recommendation: do not figure how many skeins you need when you are tired, frazzled, and on a deadline. Then you MAY order seven skeins of one color when you only need two. Then, before you realize your mistake, you will kick yourself repeatedly wondering how you will be able to afford seven skeins each of the other two colors you need. ( I was buying how many yards I needed using the number of grams in a skein, blah.) The good news is that this red is absolutely beautiful. I am already deciding on what to do with the rest. 

Well, I suppose that is all for today. I will definitely have more to share soon. Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment