Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Revelation

I have been out of work for a little more than a week and seriously feel like I have accomplished nothing!! The good news is that I feel like I have come to realize my faults. I really bit off way more than I could chew. I had all of these projects that were just waiting for me to quit working, so I tried to tackle them...... ALL of them at once. Instead of accomplishing a lot, I accomplished nothing. However, I have decided to do a little of everything at a time. My FIL is helping me with my coup now, which is great because he used to build tractors for a living (if he could handle a tractor, a bird "house" should be no problem, lol).
We are going to barbecue tonight as a family affair, I am so excited. I am going to work in the garden while hubby is making the food. I feel good just to know that it might actually happen today. I have been saying it for a week. I'm going to get out there with the camera today and have me a good old time.
I have recently decided to never ever buy another purse from WalMart! The last bag I bought just broke, and I've only had it a few months. Both straps!! So, I am making one. It is turning out a little smaller than I had hoped for. I am thinking that I will rip it and start over. Pictures to follow.
Things with the kids are going. That is about it. They have severe attitude and behavior problems that we will probably spend the majority of the summer working on. I was hoping for more learning time, but discipline seems to be the only thing on the schedule. We'll see though. I keep hoping that I am seeing improvement. All I can say is I can hope......

No comments:

Post a Comment