Saturday, August 29, 2009

We've been moving


Yep, just across town though. Not a huge deal, but you know how moving goes. Just no fun no matter how you slice it! It's been slow going and a little bit horrible. However, we like the place better and it has more rooms and LOTS more land. We have a ton, I mean I have, of purging to do now that we are here. It has more rooms, but smaller rooms with not as much space in them. We still like it.

The chickens are happier and so is the dog. I'd say the kids are but they are having issues with too many other things that are more important. School and getting used to being home again has caused the kinds of attitudes you hear of in horror stories. Oh well, we just keep trying and grinding our teeth.

We are finally taking the plunge!! Tomorrow we start our church life. It will be good for the kids and hopefully I can meet some good people to get to know. I really wish someone had told us when we were younger how hard it would be to make friends as adults. I might have made some better choices in friends, you know the keeping kind, lol. I'm excited to go and think it has plenty of possibilities and room for growth in our family.

My SIL offered to throw me a baby shower. I am great full and a little taken aback. I don't even know who to invite. People from work, family....... ok, that's it for the people I know and I'm not even sure if the people from work will come. Oh, and Becca. I'm hoping to develop more of a girlfriend thing with her. I think that I really need a girlfriend. Girls do you know....

I am finally knitting real objects!! I finished, almost, a hat for Jay (just waiting on my dpn's) for winter. I also completely finished a baby gnome for Ashlynn. I embellished it with an 'A' and am thinking that I'm gonna do the alphabet for learning activities (after each one of the kids get theirs, lol). Kevin told me to get some knitting needles. It was awesome!!! I got the size 11 circulars that I need for a baby blanket for the babies. I also got an entire SET of dpn's!!! I am sooooo stoked. I am eagerly awaiting the needles, knit books that I won in a contest and my diploma to come in the mail. Let me tell you, mail time is big in my house lately!! lol

Time to go..... lots of purging and unpacking to tend to. I'll leave with a pic of Ashlynn's gnome. I'm pretty proud of it even though there was way too much sewing for my liking (we'll speak of sewing next time......).

No comments:

Post a Comment